Service and maintenance visits should be carried out at least once a year. If your system is monitored, then it is a requirement that it is serviced twice a year.
A service and maintenance visit typically includes…
- Check history of CCTV system since last service
- Visual inspection of all major CCTV components including cabling and connections for deterioration or damage
- Check all CCTV control equipment including monitors, VCR, DVR, Multiplexers etc
- Check and clean cameras, lenses and housings as necessary
- Check lenses for correct field of view and adjust as necessary
- Check pictures for correct field of view and adjust as necessary
- Test remote signalling equipment where fitted
- Check recordings and test playback quality
- Check transmission of images to ARC (if applicable)
- Repair any minor faults (where possible)
- Retrain the users on the CCTV system
- Log all test results
- Help desk support, 24hrs a day, 365 days a year
A full service and maintenance report is left with the client as a record of work carried out.