Service and maintenance visits should be carried out at least once a year. If your system is monitored, then it is a requirement that it is serviced twice a year.
A service and maintenance visit typically includes…
- Initial fact from the client, have there been any problems, is there anything we should be aware of?
- A Visual Inspection of the system looking signs of deterioration and/or damage.
- Check and test the control unit, battery, power supply and audible alarm.
- Check the condition and performance of all detection devices.
- Check all keypads and displays.
- Carry out minor adjustments as required.
- A final check of the system and test to ensure it is fully operational.
- Debrief and report to client
A full service and maintenance report is left with the client as a record of work carried out.