It’s a legal requirement that if normal lighting fails you need to be sure your staff, visitors and customers have a safe, efficient exit from the premises. The Kirby Group can supply and fit emergency luminaries that will provide instant lighting for a minimum of three hours.
All luminaries should be sited in the correct manner by expert fitters in accordance with BS 5266/Part1 1999. The Kirby Group has fully qualified, skilled professionals who can fit luminaries to the required standards according to the needs of your premises.
Here’s a quick rundown of where your luminaries should ideally be placed:
- Near stairs and near changes of level
- Within 2 metres of fire-fighting equipment and alarm call points
- Near corners/ changes of direction
- To illuminate safety signs and exit doors
- Near each junction in corridors
- Outside and adjacent to each final exit
- Outside and within lifts
- On or around moving stairways and walkways
- Pedestrian escape routes from covered and multi-storey car parks
- In and around toilets and facility areas of greater than 8m2
- Moving or hazardous machinery, generator, control rooms and plant rooms
- Open floor areas greater than 60m2